PLEASE FOLLOW LINK BELOW TO PRINT OUT YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER LETTER AND SUPPLY LIST
Get new and previous Whispers, including
Principal's Message and Announcements.
Everything you need to know about
our lunch and breakfast programs
Access your children's grades
and educational information
View important dates and
export to your device
Please be advised that it is illegal and dangerous to pass school buses when they have their red lights flashing.
Important Attendance and Dismissal Information
Parents, please remember that students are not permitted to bring candy to school. The details of our practices at Waverly School are outlined on page 9 of the Family Handbook. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call Mari Doyle at 914-793-6130, ext. 5502.
Unfortunately, a number of parents have been observed entering the bus circle before 9:00 AM and while students are unloading from busses. In addition, some cars have passed school buses while their lights were blinking which is illegal and a moving violation. For the safety of our students, please be sure to use the Hall Avenue entrance if you are dropping off your child before 9:00 AM. If you arrive after 9:00 AM, you will need to find alternate parking and escort your child into the school. The details of our practices at Waverly School are outlined on page 5 of the Family Handbook. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call Mari Doyle at 914-793-6130, ext. 5502. Thank you, in advance for your cooperation.
HAC is an online parent portal that will give you timely access to relevant educational information pertaining to your child.
I am incredibly pleased to welcome you and your family to Waverly for this school year. In this summer “packet,” you will find a number of important and useful documents.
You will be able to view your child’s placement in Home Access Center on August 15th after setting up your account. Our placement team carefully considered each placement, taking into consideration a number of factors, with a singular purpose: creating a nurturing, supportive environment in order for your child to be successful. Given the intricate nature of our placement process, please note that requests for placement changes will not be granted.
Below please find important information about Waverly School:
• The first day of school is Tuesday, September 5th, 2017. There is a Phase-In Schedule for Kindergarten ONLY for the first day of school, and this schedule is attached. First graders will have a full-day.
• First graders will wear the attached badge on the first day of school.
• Our school day begins at 8:45 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. (As always, instruction begins at 9 a.m.) Supply lists and teacher welcome letters can be found at:
• Our doors open at 8:35 a.m. for “Walkers” and close promptly at 9 a.m. Please plan to arrive by 8:45 a.m.
• If you arrive at 9 a.m. or after, your child will be marked late. Please head to the school lobby for your child to receive a late pass.
• If you need to pick up your child early, please send notification in writing, and arrive before 2:30 p.m.
• Any and all changes in dismissal must be communicated to the office in writing by 11 a.m. The fax number is 914-779-0237.
• At dismissal, parents will wait outside of the school building until the doors open at 3:05 p.m.
• If you are visiting our school, please have your identification handy.
• Absences should be reported to the nurse before 9 a.m.: 914-793-6130, ext. 5509.
• Family Handbooks will be distributed at Open House Night on Tuesday, September 19th, 2017.
• Please be sure to follow our guidelines regarding types of foods your child may bring in for lunch, snack and classroom celebrations. These guidelines, from the nurse, are attached for your reference.
I look forward to meeting with you all in the upcoming weeks, and can’t wait for you to experience the magic of Waverly.
Ms. Mari Doyle
Dear Japanese Parents
Join The Japanese Parents’ Association (JPA)!
日本人保護者の皆様へ Waverly JPA ご加入のご案内
As we begin a new school year, we invite Japanese parents to become members of the Waverly school
Japanese Parents’ Association (JPA).
The JPA has been organized in close cooperation with Waverly school in the hopes that Japanese
children will be able to have an active, enjoyable and meaningful school life.
Joining the JPA is voluntary, however, we would like to ask you to seriously consider participating,
especially if your child will receive ESL services (English as a Second Language). The majority of
Japanese students receive ESL services, and so ESL teachers really appreciate your support for their
work through ESL sponsored workshops.
Through your membership with the JPA, you will receive information that will help you to participate
in school events, even if you may have some difficulty communicating in English.
It is our sincere hope that you and your child will have a great relationship with the students and
staff at Waverly and you really enjoy this experience. Please join us!
If you’d like to join JPA, please feel free to contact us by e-mail shown below.
Waverly JPA firstname.lastname@example.org
Waverly ご入学、ご進級おめでとうございます。新年度にあたり、JPA へご加入いただきたくご案内
JPA は Waverly に通う日本人の子供たちがより楽しく、充実した学校生活が送れることを願い、学校
JPA の参加は任意ですが、ESL クラス（英語を母国語としない生徒のための語学授業）を受講される
お子様の保護者様にはぜひご参加いただきたいと思います。Waverly ではほぼ全員の日本人生徒が ESL
もちろん JPA 活動を通じて、英語に不慣れな保護者様も学校情報をスムーズに入手できたり、イベン
トに参加することができます。JPA で親子とも親睦を深め、Waverly で楽しい学校生活が送れることを
JPA 役員一同 email@example.com
Dear Waverly Families,
To make the first day of school an easy transition for your child, we recommend that you establish a morning routine prior to the start of school. I’d encourage you to talk as a family about the great experiences they will have at Waverly, making new friends, learning new things, and having fun!
For all of us here at Waverly, this September brings with it an eager anticipation of the wonderful learning experiences to come. I look forward to meeting and working closely with you to ensure that your child is successful. Should you have questions or concerns, please contact me at 793-6130 x5502.
Warmly, Mari Doyle
Welcome to the 2017-18 school year! The PTA would like to welcome our new Kindergarten families, and welcome back our returning First Graders.
Please take a moment to fill in THIS FORM . (It is our on line Comunication Form). Your information will be added to our e-mail list as well as the online school directory, SchoolBee. All families are listed in the directory, but only members of the PTA will have full access. You have full control over your listing, and what is made public.
We would like to introduce the 2017-18 Executive Board. We are already working hard to ensure this year is a great one, and we are looking forward to working with you throughout the year.
Jennifer Pagliarulo & Ali Cocco
VP-Ways & Means
Berit Huseby & Damon Farmer
Stephanie Fairclough Mei Riccardulli
Katrina Perkins NatalieVero
Deirdre Donaghy firstname.lastname@example.org
Nikisha Scott email@example.com
PTA Council Representative Tina Fernandez firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Creating a Home Access Center Account
Getting connected to Home Access Center is easy. Simply follow the step by step instructions below.
Before you begin please be sure to have the following information available:
• Parent/Guardian contact information for you as it appears on the Emergency Contact Form which has been sent home.
• The email address that is on file for you with your child’s current school building (main office)
Home Access Center (HAC) registration steps
1. Enter the link provided- https://hac.lhric.org/HomeAccess?SiteCode=echEastchester
2. Follow the instructions in the sentence that reads: “Click Here to Register for HAC”
3. On the HAC User Registration page: enter your first name, last name, city and zip code. This will be verified against the current data in the eSchoolPlus guardian contact record which you have previously provided. If there is more than one guardian listed on the contact record, you will have to enter your email address.
4. Enter a username that you will remember (e.g. first initial, last name).
5. You will be asked to create two challenge questions and answers for security reasons.
7. You will receive an email from the Home Access Center to create a password. If you do not receive an email shortly, please check your spam or junk mail filter. When you click on the link “create your Home Access Center password” you will be brought to the next page where you will be asked to answer one of the challenge questions you previously created.
**If you receive a pop up screen that requests authentication or a password before the challenge question screen, please choose
“cancel” which will then bring you to the challenge question screen. **
8. Now you will answer your challenge question which you previously created.
9. Click Continue, which will bring you to the My Account page.
10. Review your information for accuracy.
11. Under Change Password, in the New Password field, you will create your password with a minimum of eight characters.
12. Then click on Continue to Home Access Center. It will bring you to your child’s information.
13. Click on each tab located on the top of the screen to view your child’s information.
If you already registered for the HAC but forgot your username or password, please click on “forgot my username and password” and follow the instructions. If, when registering, the system tells you that you already have a username and password but you do not remember registering, please click on “forgot my username and password” and follow the instructions.
If you experience any difficulty during the registration process, or have any questions, please email your questions to email@example.com
HOME ACCESS CENTER (HAC)
Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting Tips
Q: Who can create an account for Home Access Center?
A: Any parent/guardian with an email address on file with the district can create a Home Access Center account.
Q: How do I connect to Home Access Center?
A: From the Home Access Center link on district’s website or by directly going to the Home Access link https://hac.lhric.org/HomeAccess?SiteCode=echEastchester
Q: What information is available on Home Access Center?
A: Currently the parent portal offers child’s class information and/or class schedules, report cards, progress reports, demographic information that is on file with the District (with the exception of emergency contact’s cell phone numbers), transportation information, and attendance (MS and HS only). The Home Access Center also allows parents to update their telephone numbers, email address as well as child’s doctor information. Once logged on, click on each icon on the top of the screen to see your child’s information.
Q: How do I get my Username and Password?
A: Log onto the Home Access Center website and click on “click here to register for HAC” and follow the prompts from there. Please refer to the instructions listed on the Home Access page if needed.
Q: I have more than one student in the District. Must I have multiple separate accounts?
A: No, if the students are linked, only one account is needed. However, this requires consistent information for the guardian of the students. The account cannot have two different names or addresses. Contact the school office staff about having the students linked to a single user account.
Q: When attempting to sign up for Home Access Center, it is saying that my name is not found. What should I do?
A: When an account creation is attempted, the HAC system checks against our records to make sure that the person requesting the account exists. This means that the name must match identically to what you originally provided and we have on record. For example, if your name is Peter in our system and you to sign up as Pete, you will not be recognized. Please be sure to sign up using the name on record with the District. If this does not work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you troubleshoot the issue.
Q: I am trying to sign up for a Home Access Center account for myself but when I enter my child's information, it is not allowing it. What should I do?
A: A parent/guardian must sign up for their own account which means you must enter in your own name and other information (including email address).
Q: When I attempt to sign up for a Home Access account, it is saying that there is another person registered with the same email address but I know I haven't created one. What should I do?
A: Contact email@example.com and we will help you troubleshoot the issue.
Q: I entered my information on the Registration screen and it said that a password was emailed to me but I never received it. What should I do?
A: First, check your SPAM filter to make sure that the email was not inadvertently marked as SPAM. If you cannot find
the message and 20 minutes or more has passed from when the password was requested, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address for which the password is being requested and we will assist you.
Q: I forgot my Username and/or Password. What should I do?
A: After logging onto the Home Access site, click on “forgot my username or password” and follow the prompts from there.
Q: How do I change my Password once I am logged on?
A: Once you are logged on, you will see a link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen "My Account". Click on My Account and follow the prompts from there.
Q: I can only see one of my children in the Home Access Center?
A: Once logged on, click on “Change Student” located on the top right side of screen.
If you still cannot see all your children please contact the school building your child attends and speak to the main office secretary or guidance counselor to see if a schedule or placement has been completed.
Q: Can I look at information for a prior school year?
A: No. Home Access Center provides student information for the current school year only.
Q: Can I email teachers from the Home Access site?
A: Yes. Once logged onto the HAC site, click on the name of the teacher you wish to email.
Q: How can I keep a record of my child’s report card?
A: If you wish to keep a history of your child’s grades you will need to save or print the report card. The report card can be saved as a PDF on your computer or can be printed in PDF form.
Q: How can I print out a report card?
A: When you are on the report card screen in the HAC, for the marking period you wish to print, click on the “print” button located on the right side of the report card screen. It will print out the report card in a PDF format.
Q: I do not see my child’s report card or Interim Progress Report?
A: Home Access Center will close the report card and interim progress report screens periodically while the school buildings are preparing the updated report card and/or interim progress report.
Q: Can I print a Transcript?
A: No. Transcripts are not available on the HAC at this time. Please contact your child’s Guidance Counselor for a copy.
Q: Is my child’s information secure?A: Yes. Users are required to enter a unique User ID and Password to logon to the system, and the information is encrypted when delivered using the Secure Socket Layer connection.