School Information: School Facts
School Hours, Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Waverly School Hours are:
8:35 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Arrival and Dismissal:
- There is no supervision for children in the morning prior to 8:35 a.m. when the buses arrive. If you bring your child to school in the morning, please help us to keep your child safe by dropping him/her off at the proper time. Bus children go directly to the classroom in the morning.
- If you are picking your child up at school dismissal time, please be prompt. Young children worry when a parent is delayed. In the event of a true emergency, please call the school to inform us. If you do not notify the school, and you cannot be reached, we will call your emergency contact(s) to pick up your child. Supervision of children is not available after school hours, so please cooperate with the school to ensure your child is picked up on time.
- If your child does not use the school bus, please follow these simple procedures for the safety of all Waverly students during morning "drop off" or afternoon "pick up."
- Children may not be dropped off in front of Waverly school. Please do not park in this area. The front "turn around" is reserved for school buses only.
- Morning drop-off of students is to be from the parking lot on the Hall Ave. side of the school.This is the area you will drive your car through and have your child disembark to enter school. An adult will assist your child from the car.
- Afternoon "pick up" of students is to be from the cafeteria only. It is important to identify yourself to the supervising adult at this time. Do not park in the front of the school as it is reserved for buses only.
- Changes in Dismissal: If you need to change your child's dismissal procedure, you must send a dated note to the classroom teacher indicating the change and who will be picking up your child. Without a note, your child's usual dismissal procedure will be followed. A child will not be released to a different adult without written permission. Please be clear with your child in the morning so your child knows the change in dismissal plan. If an emergency causes your child's dismissal plan to change during the day, please call the office as soon as possible so your child can be notified about the change. We appreciate every effort to minimize schedule changes during the day. If you must pick your child up from school prior to the end of the day, you must report to the office to sign your child out of school. Please do not go directly to the classroom.
- Parking: Parking is not allowed in front of the school between the hours of 8:15 - 9:15 A.M. and 2:30 - 3:15 P.M. All doors are locked at 9:00 A.M. If you come to school after 9:00 A.M., please enter the building via the front door. The side door is unlocked for dismissal.
Absences and Lateness
- Please call the School Nurse, Mrs. Kaessler, each morning if you are keeping your child at home. Please call 793-6130, extension 5509. Parents are urged to keep children with communicable diseases at home to help prevent the spread of contagious illness in the school. On the day of your child's return from an absence, a written note by the parent explaining the absence is required. This note should be submitted to the classroom teacher. If your child is out for four (4) consecutive days or more, a Doctor's note is necessary to return to the classroom.
- Students are expected to arrive on time for school each day. On the rare occasion when your child is late to school, please escort your child into the building via the front door and sign in at the nurse's office.
- A decision to declare an emergency closing due to inclement weather is made by the Superintendent of Schools. Closing notices are broadcast on: WFAS (1230 AM; 103.9 FM), WHUD (100.7 FM) and WXPK (107.1 FM).
- Waverly's procedure for notification of an early school closing is to have designated Waverly council parents call each household/work number listed by you on your emergency forms.
Emergency Contact InformationEach family will receive an emergency contact information form in their child's placement packet during the summer before the opening of school. This form must be completed and returned to the school office by the first week of school. These forms are very important. In the event that you are not home and your child becomes ill, your emergency contact will be called. Also, if the school closes for any reason, your emergency contact must be able to drive to the school to pick up and care for your sick child. Please be sure to choose emergency contacts carefully. If there is any change in contacts or telephone numbers during the school year, please notify the nurse.
Click the link below if the page did not redirect automatically. If you are trying to download a file, please check your downloads folder.