Instructions for Creating a Home Access Center Account
Getting connected to Home Access Center is easy. Simply follow the step by step instructions below.
Before you begin please be sure to have the following information available:
• Parent/Guardian contact information for you as it appears on the Emergency Contact Form which has been sent home.
• The email address that is on file for you with your child’s current school building (main office)
Home Access Center (HAC) registration steps
1. Enter the link provided- https://hac.lhric.org/HomeAccess?SiteCode=echEastchester
2. Follow the instructions in the sentence that reads: “Click Here to Register for HAC”
3. On the HAC User Registration page: enter your first name, last name, city and zip code. This will be verified against the current data in the eSchoolPlus guardian contact record which you have previously provided. If there is more than one guardian listed on the contact record, you will have to enter your email address.
4. Enter a username that you will remember (e.g. first initial, last name).
5. You will be asked to create two challenge questions and answers for security reasons.
7. You will receive an email from the Home Access Center to create a password. If you do not receive an email shortly, please check your spam or junk mail filter. When you click on the link “create your Home Access Center password” you will be brought to the next page where you will be asked to answer one of the challenge questions you previously created.
**If you receive a pop up screen that requests authentication or a password before the challenge question screen, please choose
“cancel” which will then bring you to the challenge question screen. **
8. Now you will answer your challenge question which you previously created.
9. Click Continue, which will bring you to the My Account page.
10. Review your information for accuracy.
11. Under Change Password, in the New Password field, you will create your password with a minimum of eight characters.
12. Then click on Continue to Home Access Center. It will bring you to your child’s information.
13. Click on each tab located on the top of the screen to view your child’s information.
If you already registered for the HAC but forgot your username or password, please click on “forgot my username and password” and follow the instructions. If, when registering, the system tells you that you already have a username and password but you do not remember registering, please click on “forgot my username and password” and follow the instructions.
If you experience any difficulty during the registration process, or have any questions, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOME ACCESS CENTER (HAC)
Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting Tips
Q: Who can create an account for Home Access Center?
A: Any parent/guardian with an email address on file with the district can create a Home Access Center account.
Q: How do I connect to Home Access Center?
A: From the Home Access Center link on district’s website or by directly going to the Home Access link https://hac.lhric.org/HomeAccess?SiteCode=echEastchester
Q: What information is available on Home Access Center?
A: Currently the parent portal offers child’s class information and/or class schedules, report cards, progress reports, demographic information that is on file with the District (with the exception of emergency contact’s cell phone numbers), transportation information, and attendance (MS and HS only). The Home Access Center also allows parents to update their telephone numbers, email address as well as child’s doctor information. Once logged on, click on each icon on the top of the screen to see your child’s information.
Q: How do I get my Username and Password?
A: Log onto the Home Access Center website and click on “click here to register for HAC” and follow the prompts from there. Please refer to the instructions listed on the Home Access page if needed.
Q: I have more than one student in the District. Must I have multiple separate accounts?
A: No, if the students are linked, only one account is needed. However, this requires consistent information for the guardian of the students. The account cannot have two different names or addresses. Contact the school office staff about having the students linked to a single user account.
Q: When attempting to sign up for Home Access Center, it is saying that my name is not found. What should I do?
A: When an account creation is attempted, the HAC system checks against our records to make sure that the person requesting the account exists. This means that the name must match identically to what you originally provided and we have on record. For example, if your name is Peter in our system and you to sign up as Pete, you will not be recognized. Please be sure to sign up using the name on record with the District. If this does not work, please contact us at email@example.com and we will help you troubleshoot the issue.
Q: I am trying to sign up for a Home Access Center account for myself but when I enter my child's information, it is not allowing it. What should I do?
A: A parent/guardian must sign up for their own account which means you must enter in your own name and other information (including email address).
Q: When I attempt to sign up for a Home Access account, it is saying that there is another person registered with the same email address but I know I haven't created one. What should I do?
A: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you troubleshoot the issue.
Q: I entered my information on the Registration screen and it said that a password was emailed to me but I never received it. What should I do?
A: First, check your SPAM filter to make sure that the email was not inadvertently marked as SPAM. If you cannot find
the message and 20 minutes or more has passed from when the password was requested, please contact
email@example.com from the email address for which the password is being requested and we will assist you.
Q: I forgot my Username and/or Password. What should I do?
A: After logging onto the Home Access site, click on “forgot my username or password” and follow the prompts from there.
Q: How do I change my Password once I am logged on?
A: Once you are logged on, you will see a link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen "My Account". Click on My Account and follow the prompts from there.
Q: I can only see one of my children in the Home Access Center?
A: Once logged on, click on “Change Student” located on the top right side of screen.
If you still cannot see all your children please contact the school building your child attends and speak to the main office secretary or guidance counselor to see if a schedule or placement has been completed.
Q: Can I look at information for a prior school year?
A: No. Home Access Center provides student information for the current school year only.
Q: Can I email teachers from the Home Access site?
A: Yes. Once logged onto the HAC site, click on the name of the teacher you wish to email.
Q: How can I keep a record of my child’s report card?
A: If you wish to keep a history of your child’s grades you will need to save or print the report card. The report card can be saved as a PDF on your computer or can be printed in PDF form.
Q: How can I print out a report card?
A: When you are on the report card screen in the HAC, for the marking period you wish to print, click on the “print” button located on the right side of the report card screen. It will print out the report card in a PDF format.
Q: I do not see my child’s report card or Interim Progress Report?
A: Home Access Center will close the report card and interim progress report screens periodically while the school buildings are preparing the updated report card and/or interim progress report.
Q: Can I print a Transcript?
A: No. Transcripts are not available on the HAC at this time. Please contact your child’s Guidance Counselor for a copy.
Q: Is my child’s information secure?A: Yes. Users are required to enter a unique User ID and Password to logon to the system, and the information is encrypted when delivered using the Secure Socket Layer connection.