I am incredibly pleased to welcome you and your family to Waverly for this school year. In this summer “packet,” you will find a number of important and useful documents.
You will be able to view your child’s placement in Home Access Center on August 15th after setting up your account. Our placement team carefully considered each placement, taking into consideration a number of factors, with a singular purpose: creating a nurturing, supportive environment in order for your child to be successful. Given the intricate nature of our placement process, please note that requests for placement changes will not be granted.
Below please find important information about Waverly School:
• The first day of school is Tuesday, September 5th, 2017. There is a Phase-In Schedule for Kindergarten ONLY for the first day of school, and this schedule is attached. First graders will have a full-day.
• First graders will wear the attached badge on the first day of school.
• Our school day begins at 8:45 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. (As always, instruction begins at 9 a.m.) Supply lists and teacher welcome letters can be found at:
• Our doors open at 8:35 a.m. for “Walkers” and close promptly at 9 a.m. Please plan to arrive by 8:45 a.m.
• If you arrive at 9 a.m. or after, your child will be marked late. Please head to the school lobby for your child to receive a late pass.
• If you need to pick up your child early, please send notification in writing, and arrive before 2:30 p.m.
• Any and all changes in dismissal must be communicated to the office in writing by 11 a.m. The fax number is 914-779-0237.
• At dismissal, parents will wait outside of the school building until the doors open at 3:05 p.m.
• If you are visiting our school, please have your identification handy.
• Absences should be reported to the nurse before 9 a.m.: 914-793-6130, ext. 5509.
• Family Handbooks will be distributed at Open House Night on Tuesday, September 19th, 2017.
• Please be sure to follow our guidelines regarding types of foods your child may bring in for lunch, snack and classroom celebrations. These guidelines, from the nurse, are attached for your reference.
I look forward to meeting with you all in the upcoming weeks, and can’t wait for you to experience the magic of Waverly.
Ms. Mari Doyle